The vision of Whitethorn School is to teach each child the skills they need, and to support each child to develop to their full potential.
- Provide focus and direction so children are able to be challenged and produce their best work;
- Allow for the individual pace and development of each child;
- Teach content knowledge in a variety of unique and interesting ways to address a variety of learning modalities;
- Develop the whole person through enrichment activities; and
- Provide social, emotional and academic learning opportunities.
- Develop the ability to think logically and creatively and use problem-solving skills;
- Develop a strong sense of self-worth;
- Take responsibility for their own learning;
- Understand their rural roots as well as a global perspective in order to be able to flourish confidently wherever they choose;
- Develop a sense of continuity;
- View their world with curiosity, joy, and the challenge of discovery;
- Develop self-discipline; and
- Understand their responsibilities as part of their community.